A Busy Week Back in Indiana

Here’s a recap of my busy week back home in Indiana. This was a solo trip home, Taylor needs to save his days for our upcoming adventures.  I didn’t take many pictures early in the week, but the second weekend made up for previous lack of pictures!

Friday: Departed Singapore at 6 AM and arrived at O’Hare at 2:30. Had a dinner out with the family. I managed to stay awake till about 9.

Saturday: I was awake really early! I started my day with at workout at Crossfit DNA. The afternoon was spent hanging out with our family friends. We had a great lunch, hung out and watched some baseball. They made me these cool bracelets!photo (64)

Sunday: I went down to Lafayette to spend the day with Taylor’s family. We had a great time catching up and had a tasty lunch. As a I drove home, I made a quick stop to see my grandparents to surprise them. Later on in the evening I caught up with friends that I had grown up with. While Sunday was a busy day, it was great to see and catch up with so many friends!

Monday: My mom and I went downtown Chicago. The morning started off with an appointment that went haywire, but luckly that was the only setback of the day. Afterwards, we shopped downtown where I made only a few purchases. Everything that is out is fall clothes which I am not able to wear here in Singapore. I did find a few things on the clearnce rack which was nice. We had lunch at Rockit Bar and Grill. I highly reccommend this place, its one of my favorites. Be sure to get their fries with Brie and mushrooms! Later in the evening we met one of my close friends and got a tour of her new condo. Love it! We then went to eat at a yummy BBQ place called Wrigley BBQ. Afterwards, we headed home. I slept while mom drove, I was exhausted!

Tuesday: On this day, I had a morning hair cut appointment. It was much need of this appointment!  I spent the afternoon with my grandparents. We had one of my favorite places for lunch, Portillo’s. The rest of the evening and afternoon we went to the outlet malls. I didn’t find much, bummer.

Wednesday: I got up and went to another workout at Crossfit DNA. This was an errand packed day. We had a lot to get done for the wedding festivities that were coming up. For dinner went to a friend’s house. It was great to see her new house and how big her baby had gotten!

Thursday: This was day one of wedding festivities! My cousin was getting married downtown Indianapolis and today was the day that we had our girls day celebration for her. We drove down early in the morning and met first for lunch at Taste. It is a super yummy place with salads and sandwiches, plus yummy fries. Next, we headed to Evan Todd Salon located in the Conrad. Everyone loved their services, I would totally go back! We had some time between the spa and dinner so we headed back to the hotel to get dressed and relax a bit. We stayed at the Hilton all weekend, it was a great location to get to all the wedding festivities. For dinner we ate at Cerulean. I had a yummy steak, the bride had the Salmon and my mom had the pork dish. All were delish! We had a starter of a cheese board which I would recommend too! After dinner we headed back to the hotel for some drinks and played catch phrase. It got a little rowdy and was definitely entertaining!



Friday: We ate breakfast at one of my favorite places in Indy, Patachou. I love this place. I had a bacon, cheddar and mushroom omelet with a side of fruit, ham, and cinnamon bread. The whole meal was just delightful! We had some errands to run for the wedding and got our nails done. Later in the evening we had the rehearsal at the statehouse and then ate at Becu di Peppa. After the meal I headed back to the hotel to visit with family.

IMG_8945IMG_8950 IMG_8956

Saturday: Wedding Day! The first bottle of champagne was popped at 8am! I think we drank about 8 bottles the whole weekend. I love celebrating with champagne! The bride and I got our hair done in the morning, ate breakfast and got ready with the rest of the bridesmaids. The ceremony took place at the statehouse at 11am with the reception following at the Skyline Club. The bride and groom looked beautiful and the day was a blast. I had the privileged of being the matron of honor.  After lunch we headed back to the hotel and changed into our college gear to watch some football(both of our teams ended up losing!) Later in the evening we headed to Kilroy’s for some added fun!

Getting Ready!

IMG_8968IMG_8974State House Ceremony
IMG_8988IMG_8991IMG_8999IMG_9003IMG_9007Reception at the Skyline ClubIMG_9025IMG_9019Matron of Honor Speech 🙂IMG_9033IMG_9060Back at the Hotel
IMG_9064The shared love of whiskey!IMG_9068This next picture is my favorite!IMG_9077IMG_9084IMG_9085IMG_9103Pictures around the monumentIMG_1631 IMG_1641Fun at Kilroy’s!IMG_1657 IMG_1658 IMG_1659 IMG_1660 IMG_1661

Sunday: Breakfast at Patachou again! I told you I loved this place! We then headed home afterwards. I didn’t do much of anything other than re-pack all of my bags and watch the bears game.

Monday: My flight back to Singapore.

I had a fun-filled week. I loved being able to see everyone that I did. Our next trip home will be next summer. It’s now everyone’s turn to come visit us!:)

I have more wedding pictures, if you are interested in seeing them leave a comment or send me an email and I will send you the link!


3 thoughts on “A Busy Week Back in Indiana

  1. LOVE your blog. Glad you got back home OK. We closed on the house yesterday so you can tell Taylor we actually own a house now! Will have to take you on a FaceTime tour! Now the work begins – painting and cleaning and moving.

    Send us more pictures of the wedding


    Sent from Brent and Becki’s iPad

  2. I enjoyed reading this installation at about 3 this morning. Of course I can’t wait to see all of the pictures. The bride and groom just landed in Dallas. Tell Taylor we missed him!
    Jeanne Ann

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s